Monday, July 7, 2014

Truth, Healing, and A Bright Future

The hardest part is the always the truth, and the truth is:
I am an emotional eater.
I struggle with my weight and most of it is because I have spent a big portion of my life with an eating disorder resulting from emotional and physical abuse when I was a child.
I eat too much sugar and trans-fat.
I have little to no self-control when I am stressed, overwhelmed, or upset.
(Shauna.Marie, The Cycle of Emotional Eating)

However, despite the truth about my negative eating patterns, there is hope. I have turned to the Lord for healing to the underlying causes so that truth can change. So my life can change. I started my journey towards healing about 2 years ago, and since then the Lord has placed people in my life to guide me, encourage me, teach me, and help me the way that no one else ever could have. The healing has most recently taken me to the path of forgiveness for people who have hurt me, and I have found that the more I travel down this road, the more in control I am and the better my choices have been, and not just nutritionally. God has broke the chains of tobacco addiction and I will celebrate 2 years smoke free with my husband in 1 week. At that time, I do have plans to begin a 12 week weight lifting training which is complete with a nutritional plan of attack with a carefully researched and designed diet that will not only enhance my physical goals toward health but will be realistic and healthy enough to become a lifestyle that I can carry for the rest of my life. The healing will still be taking place, but I have faith that through this process of healing, learning, and growing I will not only have a bright future where God has broken those chains for me, but will hopefully be able to share my story with others and help them on their own road to healing and becoming healthier.
(Michelle, Hebrews 12:1-2)



(Gethin, 12 Week Trainer)



References
Gethin, K. (Performer). (2013). 12 Week Trainer [Web Photo]. Retrieved from http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/kris-gethin-12-week-daily-trainer.html
 Michelle. (Performer). (2013). Hebrews 12:1-2 [Web Photo]. Retrieved from http://www.pinterest.com/pin/394768723557977051/
Shauna.Marie. (Producer). (2014, January 09). The Cycle of Emotional Eating [Web Graphic]. Retrieved from http://shaunnamarie.com/emotional-eating/

No comments:

Post a Comment